PREP TIME: 8 MINUTES|COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES| SERVINGS: 4
- 1 whole, scaled and gutted mackerels with the gills removed, 2 to 3 pounds extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Pinch of kosher salt and 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Cut into slices of 1 inch each lemon
- Leftover fennel stalks
- 1 Washed and cut into wedges lemon
- Preheat your oven to about 500°F then heat your Dutch oven at a temperature of 400°F
- Drizzle both the sides of the mackerel with the olive oil and season the fish with the salt
- Stuff the inside of the cavity of the fish with lemon and leftover fennel stalks
- Open the door of your oven and place the fish in your Dutch oven then set the heat to 450°F
- Bake for about 25 minutes then remove the Dutch oven from the oven
- Season the fish with 1 pinch of salt and with lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy with lemon slices.
Calories: 158, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 23g, Dietary Fiber: 0.1g