PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES|COOK TIME: 29 MINUTES| SERVINGS: 4
- 1 boneless and skinless cubed chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons of divided olive oil
- ½ pound of cubed fully cooked ham
- ½ pound of cubed smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 2 medium coarsely chopped green peppers
- 2 medium coarsely chopped onions
- 6 Minced garlic cloves
- 2 cans of about 14 and ½ ounces each of beef broth
- 1 can of about 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 1 and ½ cups of water
- ¾ cup of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 and ½ cups of uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound of uncooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- In a Dutch oven, cook the chicken in about 1 tablespoon of oil until it becomes no longer pink for a couple of minutes then remove and set your ingredients aside.
- In the same Dutch pan, cook your ingredients and stir the kielbasa, the ham, the peppers and the onions into the remaining quantity of oil for about 1 minute
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute then stir in the broth, the tomatoes, the water, the mustard, the parsley, the Worcestershire, the cayenne and the thyme and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat then cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the rice and return to a boil then let simmer for about 25 minutes
- Stir in the shrimp and the chicken and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes
- Serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 288, Fat: 11g, Carbohydrates: 30g, Protein: 18g, Dietary Fiber: 2g