PREP TIME: 6 MINUTES|COOK TIME: 48 MINUTES| SERVINGS: 3
- 2 cups of dried kidney beans, soaked into water for an overnight
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 medium chopped red onions
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of yellow curry powder
- 1 medium seeded and finely chopped jalapeño
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked jasmine rice
- Start by draining and rinsing the soaked kidney beans then fill a large Dutch oven with enough quantity of water to cover the beans then let simmer for about 30 minutes
- Drain the beans and set it aside then heat the oil in the same Dutch oven over a medium high heat
- Add in the onion and cook while stirring for about 4 minutes then add in the tomatoes and cook for about 4 additional minutes
- Add in the reserved kidney beans, the coconut milk, the cardamom, the garlic, the curry powder, and the jalapeño.
- Season with the salt then stir very well to combine, and let simmer over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with the rice.
Calories: 633, Fat: 32g, Carbohydrates: 67.5g, Protein: 25.6g, Dietary Fiber: 6g