PREP TIME: 6 MINUTES|COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES| SERVINGS: 4
- 2 cups of plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 3 pounds of cut up chicken
- For coating:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of paprika
- 4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine the yogurt with the pepper sauce and about 3 teaspoons of salt in a large bowl then add the chicken and turn it to coat
- Cover your ingredients let refrigerate for about 8 hours or for an overnight
- Drain the chicken then discard the marinade.
- Mix the flour and the seasonings in a large shallow bowl then add the chicken and toss to coat shake off any excess
- Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat about half the quantity of the oil over medium heat to about 350°F then fry the chicken for about 7 to 8 minutes per side
- Drain on clean paper towels; then serve and enjoy your dish!
Calories: 608, Fat: 42g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 37g, Dietary Fiber: 1g